Embracing Imperfection?



They told me

I am too young for this...

I am too immature for this...

I am too arrogant for my age...

I am too naive to think like that...

I am not perfect...


Deep inside my heart, I agree with what they say,

But it doesn't matter, it won't sway me either way.

For this is who I am, and I won't pretend,

If given another chance, I'd make the same blend.


I embrace their critiques, I'm not flawless, it's true,

Yet I stand my ground, my own path I'll pursue.

I may not fit their mold, their idealistic frame,

But I am unapologetically me, and that's my claim to fame.


My personality, a mix of quirks and grace,

An imperfect puzzle, each piece in its place.

I'm a dreamer, a fighter, a heart open wide,

With passion as my compass, in life's changing tide.


I cherish the laughter, the tears, every scar,

For they tell my story, who I truly are.

I'm not a finished canvas, but a work in creation,

A masterpiece evolving, a beautiful foundation.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to drop a comment or ping me in Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Path to Resilience

Life's Amazing Secrets (Review and my thoughts on the Book.)